Thursday, August 4, 2011

Kustom 1940 Mercury...










This 1940 Kustom Mercury was owned by Lawrence Garrison of Massachusetts.  During WWII the car was shipped to San Diego.  In the 1960s Dave Christensen found the car and later passed it on to his grandson Matt Volk.  Matt is a friend of mine and he managed to get the old custom up and running and on a Friday night at the "Paso" WCK 2004 event he and I were parked in the gas station parking lot across from the park.  That Mercury along with my Chopped 40 Chrysler brought a lot of attention to the gas station that night.  Just recently after getting my 1946 Ford, I found out that it also belonged to Dave Christensen (Matts Granpa).  Matt aquired it along with the Mercury and some other cars and the 46 went through a couple of other owners before I ended up with it.  The Garrison Mercury was listed on ebay a while back but I don't know if it sold or how much it went for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey. This custom is in Norway now, and l just love it